Thursday, December 5, 2013

Finally Flower Shower

Howdy! Hope everyone's thanksgiving was good and fat! Now, let's talk Vera!

So last month I gave my opinions on most the Summer 2014 colors, but not all because I wasn't able to get a pic of Flower Shower on merchandise. I have one now!


Now I can see colors clearly. At first I thought the background was sort of grey, now I can tell it's brown. I get the "shower" concept with the dotted streams. There are a few elements in this pattern that remind me a little of Canyon; the dotted circles, the heart shaped flower petals, and of course the brown (although Flower Shower's is much duller) and the orange.

However, I'm still not interested in this pattern. I don't know, maybe it's the color scheme all together, I'm just not into this. What about you guys? You like? If so, why? I feel like I'm not getting it.

8 comments :

  1. The last "brown pattern I really liked was a number of years ago. It was camel, black and cream--Caffe Latte, 2008. It was the first pattern I bought and it went with all my casual pants and tops. I got lots of compliments from both men and women. I picked up a Canyon purse but changed it out as soon as English Rose came out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caffe Latte was a great pattern! It was one of those neutral patters that goes with everything! This one...not so much.

      Delete
  2. I love it. The colors aren't really in my wardrobe, but I think they look cool together. What gets me is those raindrops, though! I think that's such a cute touch. This will probably be the summer style for me. Shouldn't Flower Shower be a Spring pattern, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, "Flower Shower" would go with the "April showers brings May flowers" concept, right? The raindrop effect is cute, and I do like the orange in the pattern, I have quite a few shirts in that color. I don't know, I like the colors individually, but together they don't mix to me.

      Delete
  3. I think it has a fun 70s vibe...I work in retail and have had several venders bring me in their summer clothing collections in those 70s colors. I don't think it has enough pop for spring. Usually spring colors tend to be brighter to get people out of the winter blues. I think this will be a good neutral for summer with just a bit of color for fun. I would pair this with cropped jeans and tee for a simple summer day look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flower Shower definitely has a 70's feel to it, you're absolutely right. The flowers and colors would fit right in that era! I agree it is neutral..who knows, maybe when I see it in person it will finally click for me!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love Flower Shower. I just saw this in person at a Vera meeting and its gorgeous. The colors look fantastic together. I don't think the online picture does it justice. I think this pattern could work for spring, summer and fall. There are also some very cute accessories that compliment this pattern. The bird phone case, the luggage tag and the beach towel and the straw tote. I will be buying many pieces in this pattern. I can't wait for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Flower Shower quite a lot. But then blue and brown combination is a favorite of mine. AND I am older and the 70s were my hey day, so while I didn't think of the 70s until I read these comments, I totally see it now and it may remind me of those times.

    ReplyDelete